CERTIFIED MOVEMENT ANALYST AND EDUCATOR
Beverly Stokes, CMA, RSME is a Certified Movement Analyst and Registered Somatic Movement Educator. She is the Founder/Director of Amazing Babies Moving and President of Move Alive Media Inc. Amazing Babies Moving is a global interactive network that provides Parenting Through Movement Programs and Products for parents, educators and professionals who work with families.
Beverly is the author of the book, Amazing Babies Moving™: Essential Movement to Enhance Your Baby’s Development in the First Year. Her book is based on her documented movement study of babies produced in the educational video Amazing Babies Moving: The First Year. The second video in this Movement Series is - Amazing Toddlers Moving: Age 1.
Beverly’s book and videos are used worldwide in University graduate and undergraduate programs and in a variety of settings: early childhood education training, psychology and somatic education programs, optometry, massage therapy, kinesiology, infant intervention and parenting programs.
- A Certified Teacher and Practitioner of Body-Mind Centering® Beverly leads Developmental Movement Workshops and Programs in Canada and the US.
- A Certified Movement Analyst (CMA) and Movement Pattern Analyst (MPA), Beverly was core faculty for the Laban/Bartenieff and Somatic Studies Canada (LSSC), Ryerson University 2007-8 and York University 2003-4.
- A Registered Somatic Movement Educator (ISMETA) Beverly’s extensive professional background includes the fields of movement, bodywork, breathing coordination, and communication.
- On Faculty, Beverly originated and directed the Body Movement Program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto.
- For twelve years, she co-led adult workshops with Marion Woodman, Jungian Analyst and noted author on the interplay between perception, consciousness and movement.
Beverly is also available for Keynotes, Webinars and Workshops.